Jump to navigation Jump to search
Prostatectomy: Gross processing
- For orientation, apply ink[notes 2] or make a cut to one half of the specimen, and possibly a different one to the other side.
The transverse slices may be cut into quadrants if exceeding laboratory capacity.
- See also: General notes on gross processing
Most common targets
- For a full list of contributors, see article history. Creators of images are attributed at the image description pages, seen by clicking on the images. See Patholines:Authorship for details.
- Inking can be done with India ink, and will specify the serosa or resection margin in later histopathologic evaluation.
- Monica Dahlgren, Janne Malina, Anna Måsbäck, Otto Ljungberg. Stora utskärningen. KVAST (Swedish Society of Pathology). Retrieved on 2019-09-26.