Generally screen for:
Reactive gastropathy, which is a triad of:
- Foveolar hyperplasia (black arrow), generally seen as a tortuosity in the "neck" region of the gastric glands.
- Scant acute and chronic inflammatory cells (white arrow).
- Smooth muscle hyperplasia (black oval)
- Elliot Weisenberg. Stomach - Gastritis - Acute gastritis. pathologyOutlines. Topic Completed: 1 August 2012. Minor changes: 31 August 2020
- Elliot Weisenberg. Stomach - Gastritis - Chronic gastritis. PathologyOutlines. Topic Completed: 1 August 2012. Minor changes: 31 August 2020
- Genta, RM. (Nov 2005). "Differential diagnosis of reactive gastropathy. ". Semin Diagn Pathol 22 (4): 273-83. PMID 16939055.