Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Avascular necrosis
- Bone tumors: Generally correlate with age, location and radiology.
To submit slides for microscopy, generally gross as follows:
- Split the bone in the plane of interest for microscopy slides.
- Fix the bone in formalin.
- Perform decalcification of the specimen
- Take the sections of interest.
Look for any of the following:
Acute osteomyelitis: Numerous neutrophils in the stroma.
Highly suspicious prostate adenocarcinoma metastasis can be confirmed with NKX1, TTF1 and CDX2.