Intestine with tumor
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Determine the proximal (oral) and distal (aboral) of the specimen if possible.
- Measure the length and diameter of the entire specimen.
- Surfaces that appear to overlie a tumor can be inkedTemplate:Ink note.
- Initial cutting can be:
- A longitudinal cut opposite to the tumor if it is relatively demarcated
- Cross-sectional slicing, particularly for circumferential tumors or those not readily visible.
- Measure the distance proximal and distal of the tumor.
- Note any accompanying "polyps".
- Describe the serosa, and whether there are any suspected tumor breakthroughs hereof.
- Further tumor evaluation:
- The proportion of the circumference involved
- Distance to the resection edges
- Monica Dahlgren, Janne Malina, Anna Måsbäck, Otto Ljungberg. Stora utskärningen. KVAST (Swedish Society of Pathology). Retrieved on 2019-09-26.