Clear cell renal cell carcinoma
As per: Kidney with tumor
CCRCC typically shows cells in nests or solid pattern, and a delicate branching fibrovascular network.
- Grade 1: Inconspicuous and basophilic nucleoli at ×400 magnification
- Grade 4: Extreme pleomorphism or rhabdoid and/or sarcomatoid morphology
There should preferably be a free text report and a synoptic report, the free text report including:
- Diagnosis of clear cell renal cell carcinoma
- Greatest dimension (from grossing)
- ISUP/WHO grade
|Kidney, left, partial nephrectomy:
The synoptic report should include:
- Procedure: Total or partial nephrectomy
- Laterality: Left or right
- Histologic type: Such as papillary renal cell carcinoma, type 1
- Histologic grade
- Tumor size: From gross description
- Tumor focality: Unifocal or multifocal
- Tumor extension: Such as tumor limited to kidney
- Sarcomatoid features: Identified or not identified
- Rhabdoid features: Identified or not identified
- Tumor necrosis: Identified or not identified
- Margin involvement: Involved by invasive carcinoma (and in which direction), or negative for malignancy
- Margins type(s): Generally renal parenchymal margin if partial nephrectomy
- Regional lymph nodes: Involved by invasive carcinoma (and how many), or "no lymph nodes submitted or found"
- Pathologic stage classification (by pTNM, AJCC 8th Edition):
- Primary tumor (pT)
- Regional lymph nodes (pN): Such as pNX if no lymph nodes submitted or found
Any pathologic findings in non-neoplastic kidney
- Sirohi, Deepika; Smith, Steven C.; Agarwal, Neeraj; Maughan, Benjamin L. (2018). "Unclassified renal cell carcinoma: diagnostic difficulties and treatment modalities ". Research and Reports in Urology Volume 10: 205–217. doi:10.2147/RRU.S154932. ISSN 2253-2447.
- YiFen Zhang. What is the ISUP/WHO grading system for renal cell carcinoma (RCC)?. Medscape. Updated: Jul 02, 2019
- Moch, H. (2016). "WHO-ISUP-Graduierungssystem für Nierenkarzinome ". Der Pathologe 37 (4): 355–360. doi:10.1007/s00292-016-0171-y. ISSN 0172-8113.