Mikael Häggström [note 1]
Memorization-worthy:[note 2] A donor kidney biopsy may come for frozen sectioning.
Prepare a separate slide for right versus left kidney if applicable.
Generally evaluate as per local protocol, which generally includes the following parameters, given individually for right and left kidney:
- Number of glomeruli with global sclerosis
- Total number of glomeruli.
- Percentage of glomeruli with global sclerosis (number of glomeruli with global sclerosis divided by total number of glomeruli).
Tubular atrophy/tubular interstitial fibrosis, as percentage of tubules. Features of tubular atrophy are shown (of which casts is often not present).[image 1]
Arteriosclerosis seen as intimal thickening with an onion skin-like appearance. Arteriosclerosis can be graded as mild, moderate or severe.
Arteriolar hyalinosis, graded as mild, moderate or severe.
- ↑ For a full list of contributors, see article history. Creators of images are attributed at the image description pages, seen by clicking on the images. See Patholines:Authorship for details.
- ↑ Further information on what is memorization-worthy or not: Learning pathology