Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Stratified squamous epithelium with a granular layer
- Cyst wall does not contain eccrine glands, sebaceous glands or hair follicles
- Abundant keratin flakes in cyst lumen
- Often giant cell granuloma in ruptured cysts, similar to foreign body granuloma
Look for signs of cyst rupture, which may manifest as inflammation, including granulomas and microabscesses.
- V. Claire Vaughan, M.D., Joshua Wisell, M.D.. Skin nonmelanocytic tumor - Cysts - Epidermal (epidermoid) type. pathology Outlines. Topic Completed: 9 May 2019. Revised: 13 December 2019