Gross processing in sterilization
- Measure length and diameter.
- Serially section
- Submit 2 cross sections measuring 5 mm in length.
Communicate to the histology lab to section the specimen as tubular structures, in order to get proper cross-sections.
Microscopic examination in sterilization
Confirm that there is a complete cross-section from each side. Example images of normal vas deferens:
|Right and left vas deferens segments, excisions:|
Complete cross-sections of vasa deferentia without significant histopathologic changes.
- . Vas Deferens (Sterilization). Gross Pathology Manual - By The University of Chicago Department of Pathology. Retrieved on 2021-08-27.
- Image by: Mikael Häggström, M.D. Public Domain
- Author info
- Reusing images
- Vas deferens image available in Public Domain. See https://patholines.org/File:Vas_deferens.jpg