Jump to navigation Jump to search
Generally as per skin.
Mainly look for squamous vulvar intraepithelial lesions:
- Low-grade squamous intraepithelial lesion (LSIL):
- Acanthosis, papillomatosis, and/or atypical koilocytosis in upper layers
- Usually mild atypia and mitoses, limited to the lower third of stratum spinosum and basale
- Binucleated epithelial cells
- High-grade squamous intraepithelial lesion (HSIL):
- Enlarged atypical nuclei and mitoses involving middle and upper third of the epithelium.
- Also telling are atypical mitoses and/or extension in hair follicles and skin appendages.
- Matthias Choschzick. Vulva, vagina & female urethra - Squamous carcinoma and precursor lesions - HPV associated SIL. PathologyOutlines. Topic Completed: 6 January 2021. Minor changes: 11 June 2021