Jump to navigation Jump to search
In addition to a general evaluation, also evaluate the following in cytology samples, or any sample with scattered cells rather than coherent tissue:
- Consider looking for any additional concurrent samples from the same patient, especially excisions, as usually correlate.
- Adequacy of specimen. Cells may be too few or too obscured by other material to make a proper diagnosis.
- Background, mainly if it is clear or dirty
- Overall cellularity
- Okayama K, Ishii Y, Fujii M, Oda M, Okodo M (2022). "Causation of cornflake artifacts: Possible association of poor dehydration with drying before mounting in Papanicolaou stain. ". Diagn Cytopathol. doi:10.1002/dc.25002. PMID 35712848. Archived from the original. .
- Gary Gill. RE: Cornflaking. Histosearch. Retrieved on 2022-09-01.